This could actually be a very long post, but I know most of us are too busy to read long blogs. So, I’ll cut to the points (check out this article, too):
- Excessive sun exposure causes skin cancer.
- Safety studies have never been completed on sunscreens.
- New research shows that active ingredients DO reach our blood stream within hours AND persist in the body at least 3 days after application.
- We don’t know if these chemicals are safe or not.
- Our babies and children get a much higher “dose” per application than adults (due to their higher surface to volume ratio).
- Zinc and titanium dioxide are the only sunscreens that have been determined to be “safe and effective”.
My recommendation? Cover up with “sun-safe” clothing. Here is a link to why and how it works. And do get about 15 minutes of sun exposure daily to support your vitamin D levels!